So who exactly is paying for this? The next economic stimulus package will not come from the halls of Washington or the boardrooms of Wall Street, but from the streets of America. The objective of The Ingenesist Project is to induce a crowd sourced innovation economy by integrating Social Media with three web applications. It’s all about to become extremely exciting.
Social Media Grows Legs
There only remains three tiny applications yet to be developed and deployed to social media that will allow human knowledge to become tangible outside the construct of a corporation, and therefore, independent of Wall Street. Social media technology is very close to duplicating nearly every function of the corporation outside of the traditional corporate structure. America’s most valuable asset is not money, it is social capital, creative capital, and intellectual capital, and it’s about to stand up, brush itself off, and walk away from the mess left by the excesses of greed and power.
The Evolution of a Species:
1. Social Media will be used to develop a knowledge inventory in a computer code based on, say, the Dewey Decimal System. Suddenly, human knowledge will become organized like a library and searchable by computer in very high resolution.
2. Boolean logic will be applied to the knowledge inventory and the resume will be replaced by a high resolution computer readable descriptive code.
3. Communities of practice will normalize (bell curve) their knowledge domain. At this point, knowledge will appear in the same form as a financial instrument and can then be treated as a tangible asset.
4. A percentile search engine will calculate the probability that a various collections of knowledge assets can execute collections of innovation business plan scenarios.
5. An Innovation Bank will match most worthy knowledge deficit to most worthy knowledge surplus and keep a record of the “secret sauce” of success feeding back to the search engine.
Wall Street Calculus:
Using the same equations as Wall Street, the Innovation Bank will predict the probability that a venture will be successful given a set of knowledge assets. The Innovation Bank can then predict the future cash flows associated with the venture. Now, thousands of ventures and their predicted cash flows can be combined, diversified, and diced up into innovation bonds having superior returns over any other investment. Investors will flood the Innovation System with cash. This cash will be used to fund more innovation investment and the cycle will continue. Everyone takes an equity position and innovation reflects social priorities rather than Wall Street priorities. This changes everything.
This can happen today with existing infrastructure. The only thing needed is a social movement; that’s what Americans are best at. Where does this leave Wall Street, failing businesses, and all their debt? The funny thing about knowledge assets is that they can walk if necessary.