This reference post serves as an introduction to The Value Game (TVG). The Ingenesist Project will be posting Value Game Solutions to many specific scenarios that our readers and clients propose. Having this post as reference will help those new to The Value Game catch up quickly.
The following 12 minute video gives some historical perspective of The Value Game as we have applied to the aviation industry (see SocialFlights.com). This video also expands the idea to any shared asset and provides important insight as to how to generalize The Value Game across the economic spectrum.
Introduction to Value Games
- The Value Game is a new class of business methods that manufactures New Value.
- New Value represents all value that is not normally convertible to U.S. Dollars; i.e., creativity, community, sustainability, resilience, compassion, trust, etc
- Currently, The Value Game begins and ends with dollars, however, all New Value created within the game is denominated in “social currency” which has no physical manifestation.
- The Value Game converts between Social Currency and Dollars; i.e., business plans that are not viable in dollars may become viable when social currency is included in the bottom line
Building A Value Game
- The Value Game starts by identifying any asset, tangible or intangible, that a group of people would share.
- The next step is to find 3 or more communities that have a vested interest in the asset
- The New Value Entrepreneur is able to discern which communities and which assets will interact successfully in a Value Game.
- In general, once a value game is started, it will improve itself since only those who have a vested interest in the asset will continue playing.
- Players that are inappropriate for the given asset and related communities, will drop out or find another value game
- All players will eventually find and play value games that correspond most closely to their natural interest and passions.
The New Value Entrepreneur
Just like with any business venture, it is up to the entrepreneur to identify and engage all of the right components required to build any enterprise; this is no different for Value Games.
- The objective of the new value entrepreneur is to organize three or more communities to interact around a shared asset
- The interaction among these communities acts to preserve the asset rather than consume the asset.
- Each community acting in the best interest of the other community is, in fact, acting in their own best interest.
The material that references this post will help identify what types of assets are suitable for value gaming and what types of communities would make worthy participants.
The Ingenesist Project is currently building Value Games for clients in aviation, construction, education, affinity groups, and social service communities. Please let us know how we can serve your New Value creation enterprise.