People look for leaders that inspire them to achieve innovative breakthroughs. People trust, or so we think, CEO’s to effectively lead their organizations so that employees can continue to get paid.
The confidence in leadership is waning and a new “leadership” is emerging. The new leadership is from and by the people. The reason for a shift in leadership is as follows:
1. Politicians have failed us with self interest and politics as usual. Usual no longer works for the people
2. CEO’s and management have failed to listen to the markets of conversations
3. Greed is out, efficiency is in and the old market is not adapt at “lean, mean and fast”
4. The people has lost trust in media, politicians and old management schemes
5. Advertising and marketing methods of the past are dead. 96% of the online ads get no responses. A rate of 3% at best is the return on direct mail, coupons and broadcast ads.
6. The market is no longer listening to the old market rather the market is listening to the people
7. People have been empowered and engaged to create their own markets and they follow a new kind of market leader. A leader who enables them to learn, grow and share with others whom have an affinity to their interest and beliefs.
8. New leaders are now conversing with their own audience and there are many of them. There are also a few leaders who are enabling many to engage, converse and build our own audience.
9. Conversations have never been so fluid, so reaching and so powerful. The irony is that the power of speech has always been and will always be disruptive. History proves it so but we are in an era of making history that reinvents itself daily from the conversations.
10. Old leaders either adapt very quickly or die. The old game is over and the longer you try and play it the more it will cost the market, your investors and the people whom supply the market with commerce, the people.
Admit It, You are Out of Touch And Blinded By The Past
For politicians and corporate leaders the downfall of your empires is directly related to markets changing and you denying the change. If you haven’t noticed markets are now transparent. There is nothing you do that the market won’t notice and freely comment on, good, bad and indifferent. When you do good the market with follow you. When you do bad or do the same thing the market will leave you. Unless you recognize this shift your dead in the water.
Time is your enemy and denial is your your deathbed. Being dead in the water means the next wave will topple your boat because its force is too big, too large and you can’t move fast enough to navigate around or over it.
Then again you may simply not have time or attention to even recognize that it just may be true and real. In that case, move over for the new leader to replace you sooner than later. Leaders are failing because they fail to change and fail to listen. Sorry for being so frank but I don’t have time to be politically correct. Get it?