OK, the social media buzz is getting a little stale folks.
- Yes we know that social media is valuable.
- Yes we know that lots of folks are doing it.
- Yes we know that the predictive web is predicted.
- Yes we all know that all this activity will mysteriously “monetize”
Show me how everyone is related and I’ll show you a new economic paradigm. Here is how they are not related:
- They are not related by “earning” people’s trust today so you can shove your product down their throat tomorrow.
- They are not related to collecting thumbnails.
- They are not related to giving the g00gle alg00rithm an 00rgasm.
- They are not related by “The 6 Steps to [Fill in The Gap]”.
The next economic paradigm is related to transformation.
- People transform data into information
- People transform information into knowledge
- People transform knowledge into innovation
- People transform innovation into data
Under a set of fundamental assumptions that:
- All people are socially talented
- All people are intellectually talented
- All people are creatively talented
- All people are good at something
- Nobody is good at everything
This is how value is generated. This is where the mystery of monetization hides.